Hello Wine Enthusiasts,
Happy New Year!
More and more often these days, I get asked about wines that I think are great deals. That can be a tough question to answer at times because when it comes to wine, everything is subjective! However, if you are someone who is willing to take a chance on a $30 bottle (well $32.28 to be exact) Xavier Vacqueyras (SKU 14166) is available at NLC right now!
Here are the facts from Greg Winter:
- Brand new from Dialog Wines and not available anywhere else in Canada!
- 20 cases imported and available immediately at NLC
- This is a great introduction to the wines of the Southern Rhone. I came across this beauty by chance while shopping at Moore Brothers Wine Store in New York City where I met Xavier Vignon and I’m delighted that his wine is now available in Newfoundland!
Regarding the wine maker, Xavier Vignon, here are the facts according to Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate:
- “Xavier Vignon, along with Philippe Cambie, are probably the two most highly renowned oenologists in Chateauneuf du Pape as well as some of the surrounding Cotes du Rhone regions.”
- “He is the consultant for such well-known domaines as Raymond Usseglio, Jerome Quiot, Beaurenard, La Nerthe, Mont Redon, Marcoux, Grand Veneur and La Gardine.”
And about the wine itself:
- “The 2010 Vacqueyras was made from a somewhat unusual blend of 50% Syrah, 30% Mourvedre and 20% Grenache, most of it from the Plateau de Garrigue, near Sarrians in Vacqueyras. This rich effort reveals lots of forest floor, roasted herb, blackberry and cassis notes as well as a hint of acacia flowers. Impeccably pure, rich and long, it should drink well for 6-8 years.” – 91 Points
Please feel free to pick up this wine at your convenience or I am more than happy to make arrangements for you at the NLC store of your choice.