The Dialog Wines Blog
This past Friday, I was invited to do a wine tasting with the Newcomer’s Club of St. John’s. The event was in support of funding for Ronald McDonald House in Newfoundland. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thanks the Newcomer’s Club for inviting me to part of their event. I think we tasted some quality wines, tasted some great food and it appears that overall, the event was a success. Thanks to everyone who participated as well as those who donated some excellent prizes. Finally, to Carol Masuda who put the whole thing together; Great Job Carol! Lets do it again next year. And by the way, based on what was purchased afterwards, it appears the wine of the night was Tesch Deep Blue!
For those who were in attendance, here is a review of the wines we tasted:
– Cuvee Catharine Sparkling Wine – Canada (Niagara Region)
– Tesch Unplugged Riesling – Germany (Nahe Region)
– E. Guigal Cote du Rhone Blanc – France (Rhone Valley)
– Walnut City Wineworks Pinot Gris – Oregon
– Hoopla Chardonnay – California, Napa Valley
– Tesch Deep Blue Pinot Noir – Germany (Nahe Region)
– Walnut City Wineworks Pinot Noir – Oregon
– E.Guigal, St. Joseph – France (Northern Rhone Valley)
– Ex Nihilo Merlot – Canada (Okanagan Valley)
– Liparita Stags Leap – California, Napa Valley
– Schloss Vollrads Riesling – Germany (Rheingau)
Join the Dialog Wines mailing list so that you're the first to know about our featured offerings.
So, available at your neighborhood NLC store this week is Canapi Nero d’Avola and Canapi Grillo. Both these wines from Canapi are produced from grapes in select vineyards in Sicily. These wines are easy… The Nero D’avola is fresh plum and red fruit with a bit of spice on the finish. The Grillo is a […]